Victor Wanyama walks home with a total of 2.4 million dollars (Sh266 million) annually for playing for Major League Soccer side Montreal Impact.
According to information on mlsplayers.org, the former Harambee Stars player makes the top ten of the highest earners in the league with former Arsenal FC midfielder Carlos Vela, who plies his trade with LA Galaxy, topping the list with an annual salary of $6.3M.
Also Read: Gor Mahia v Al Ahly game canceled
This means that Wanyama takes home a total of Sh22,220,000 per month which makes him the highest-paid player at Montreal Impact where he is followed by Slovenian defender Aljaž ‘Kiki’ Struna who earns 1.1 million dollars annually (Sh121 million).
The Annual Average Guaranteed Compensation comprises a player’s base salary and all signing and bonuses annualized over the term of the player’s contract, including option years.
Other Kenyans on the list include Harambee Stars midfielder Philip Mayaka who represents Colorado Rapids. Mayaka takes home a salary of 81,375 dollars, with guaranteed compensations rising to up to 94,375 dollars. This translates to 6,781 dollars a month (KES 750k).
The top 10 highest-paid players in MLS in 2021
- Carlos Vela, LAFC, $6,300,000.00
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez, LA Galaxy, $6,000,000.00
- Gonzalo Higuain, Inter Miami FC, $5,793,750.00
- Alejandro Pozuelo, Toronto FC, $4,693,000.00
- Luiz Araujo, Atlanta United, $3,941,67.00
- Josef Martinez, Atlanta United, $3,891,667.00
- Jozy Altidore, Toronto FC, $3,602,250.00
- Rodolfo Pizarro, Inter Miami Rodolfo, $3,350,000.00
- Maxi Moralez New York City FC, $3,285,000.00
- Victor Wanyama, CF Montreal, $3,091,667.00
Also Read: Odhiambo’s Biashara handed a two year ban