The Kenya Women Premier League Kick Off date has been postponed to Sunday, December 13, 2020.
The league was to Kick off this weekend with a series of matches but the latest move, according to Football Kenya Federation, has been necessitated to pave way for the COVID 19 testing of players and team officials in accordance with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Sports and Culture set protocols.
Also Read: FKF to open disciplinary proceedings against Rachier
In the roster, Nakuru West Queens will kick off the testing exercise at Nakuru Shabab with Thika Queens, Oserian Ladies and Eldoret Falcons following the roster at 9 am are at the Thika Stadium, Oserian grounds, and Matemo Residence Chepkoilel respectively.
Vihiga Queens will have their players and officials tested at 10 am at the Kidundu Stadium as Zetech Sparks, Makolanders and SEP ladies are scheduled to get tested from 9 am at the Zetech University main campus, Shepherds Ground Buruburu and Ruga Centre respectively.
As the clock strikes noon, Kibera Soccer Ladies, Kayole Starlet, Kisumu All Starlets, and Mathare United Women are expected to set in motion their COVID 19 tests at the Kibera Girls Soccer Academy, Kayole Calvary CDF office, Moi Stadium, and MYSA Ground Komarock sequentially.
KWPL Week One Fixtures
- Makolanders vs Kibera Girls Soccer Academy (Camp Toyoyo, 10 am)
- Gaspo Women vs Zetech Sparks (Ruiru Grounds, 2 pm)
- Kayole Starlets vs Mathare United Women (Stima Members Club, 2 pm)
- Ulinzi Starlets vs Thika Queens (Utalii Grounds, 11 am)
- Trans Nzoia Falcons vs Eldoret Falcons (Kenyatta Stadium, 2 pm)
- Vihiga Queens vs Wadadia (Mumias Sports Complex, 12 noon)
- Oserian Ladies vs Nakuru West Queens (Oserian Grounds, 2 pm)
- Kisumu AllStarlets vs S.E.P Girls (Moi Stadium, 2 pm)
Also Read: Reasons why Mathare United and Zoo has been suspended form the league