The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has extended the registration of players on their CMS to 15 August 2021.
In a communication released on Tuesday, CAF has picked September as the month where her 2021/22 season will kick-off. The first round of the Preliminaries stage will take place on 10 September 2021 with the group stage matches set for February 2022.
Also Read: Okumu officially unveiled at Gent
The 12 highest ranked national associations that include Algeria, Angola, RD Congo, Egypt, Guinea, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia and Zambia will be allowed to engage two clubs in the CAF Champions League and the CAF Confederation Cup.
CAF has also extended the five substitutions per rule for the 2021/22 Interclubs season. Each club will be allowed to register 40 players instead of the regulatory 30. Nine substitutes will be allowed on the bench instead of the regular seven.
CAF Interclub Schedule: 2021/2022
- First Preliminary Round (1st Leg/2nd Leg) 10-12 September / 17-19 September 2021
- Second Preliminary Round (1st Leg/2nd Leg) 15-17 October / 22-24 October 2021
Second Preliminary Round (1st Leg/2nd Leg) 26-28 November, 3-5 December 2021
- Group stage MD1: 11-13 February 2022
- Group stage MD2: 18-20 February 2022
- Group stage MD3: 25-27 February 2022
- Group stage MD4: 11-13 March 2022
- Group stage MD5: 18-20 March 2022
- Group stage MD6: 1-3 April 2022
- Quarter Finals (1st Leg/2nd Leg) 15-17 April 2022/22-24 April 2022
- Semi-Finals (1st Leg/2nd Leg) 6-8 May 2022/13-15 May 2022
- Finals: TBC from 22 to 29 may 2022