The Kenyan Premier League continues on Sunday 3, April 2022 with a host of matches. We look at the stats that matter in today’s duels.
Kenya Police v AFC Leopards
- AFC Leopards have drawn their last four games. It is only the second time (the other being in season 2018 between 25/4 to 12/5) since their promotion back to the Premier League in 2009 that this has happened. They won the fifth match (against Thika United) when this last happened.
- Leopards have the same number of points (30) at this stage (after 22 games) as last season. While the number of losses (6) have remained constant, Leopards have won fewer games. 2020/21 season after 22 games: (12 wins, 4 draws, and 6 losses ), 2021/22 season after 22 games: (7 wins, 9 draws and 6 losses)
- Kenya Police has the highest number of draws this season (10); the same number as Nzoia Sugar FC, Bidco United and KCB.
Also Read: Home Away From home
Kariobangi Sharks v Bidco United
- Sharks is yet to beat Bidco United in a top flight match (2D, 1L). This is a contrast with their duels in the nation’s second tier where they beat the oilers four times in the seven meetings they had.
FC Talanta v Sofapaka
- FC Talanta has picked 23 points away from home this season; an outing only bettered by City Stars and KK Homeboyz. They have failed to replicate that at home where they have only picked 11 points; the third worst record in the league after Nzoia Sugar (8) and Mathare United (0).
- Sofapaka has one win in their last 14 outings. This is their worst form since 2016 when they escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
Nzoia Sugar FC v Vihiga Bullets
- Nzoia has picked the most points than any other team in the last five games (13 out of 15). Homeboyz (12), Bandari (10) and Gor Mahia (10) are the teams that comes close.
Posta Rangers v Mathare United
- Rangers is yet to lose to Mathare United in their last five meetings (3W, 2D) with the mailmen winning their last three encounters.
- Salim Ali and John Kamau are just of the few coaches who have coached both Mathare United and Posta Rangers. The other is Stanley Okumbi.
Also Read: KPL Saturday Wrap