The FKF Premier League is back and it’s another time to look at some of the stats in some of the mouth-watering clashes that are scheduled for week one.
Tusker travels to Bukhungu to take on Kakamega Homeboyz in their opening day game with Gor Mahia welcoming Nzoia Sugar FC at Nyayo Stadium; the first day ending with a tie against Ulinzi Stars and AFC Leopards with the latter set to miss ten players for the clash slated for Ulinzi Complex.
Also Read: AFC Leopards to miss ten players in Ulinzi tie
But what are some of the stats that matter in some of the games?
KK Homeboyz v Tusker FC (Bukhungu)
- There has only been one draw in the last 14 meetings between the two sides.
- In their past seven meeting the team to score first has gone on to win the game.
- The winner of the last four games has gone to keep a clean sheet
- Tusker has not won an opening day game since 2016 losing all their opening games in the last three seasons.
Ulinzi Stars v AFC Leopards (Ulinzi Complex, Langata)
- Ulinzi Stars’ last home win against AFC Leopards came in 2018. Leopards won the past three meetings of this fixture (away to Ulinzi) with the same 1-0 scoreline.
- In their last seven meetings, only two goals have been scored in the first half with five of the game ending in a scoreless draw at the break.
Gor Mahia v Nzoia Sugar FC (Nyayo Stadium)
- Nzoia is yet to lose to Gor Mahia in the league in their last four meetings (W2,D2).
- Gor Mahia failed to win any of their last five home games last season (D4, L1)
Bandari FC v Sofapaka (Mbaraki)
Lat four meetings between the two sides
Bandari 0-1 Sofapaka
Sofapaka 0-1 Bandari
Sofapaka 2-2 Bandari
Bandari 1-0 Sofapaka
Also Read: Police FC will be challenging for the title says Pamzo